- Understanding anxiety disorder
- What is anxiety disorder?
- The basics of anxiety
- Types of anxiety disorders
- What causes anxiety disorders?
- How do we identify anxiety disorders?
- How are anxiety disorders diagnosed?
- How are anxiety disorders being treated?
- Self-assessment tools for anxiety disorders
- How can we manage anxiety disorders?
- Mental health services
What are the different
types of anxiety disorders?
There are different types of anxiety disorders. Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is a common anxiety disorder
that affects 2 in every 100 Singaporeans in their lifetime.
Other common anxiety disorders include panic disorder and specific phobias.
Some people may be affected by more than one anxiety disorder or have other mental health conditions, e.g. depression, at the same time.This is not uncommon and a healthcare professional will be able to determine which condition(s) an individual has.